As a child I loved electronic games, and one of the first I remember playing was Simon made by Milton Bradley Electronics (MB Electronics)
Details about the original game can be found here https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Simon_(game)
I own one of the original Simon games, which is still in perfect working order and boxed.
Simon was a game my family played a lot at Christmas time and to this day I still fondly associate Chritmas time with playing electronic games like Simon.
This you I wanted to pay homage to christmases past and build a Simon toy clone as a gift for my family.
This was the end result and I am really pleased with how it turned out.
Detailed steps of how I made it can be found via the links below.
- Create a clone of “Simon” the classic electronic toy.
- Project approach, design, intended hardware / software.
- Electronics / Parts / Circuit Design
- Setting up the software
- Parts, prototype, PCB assembly.
- Case / Enclosure.
- Finished Simon Toy / Conclusion / What I would do differently next time.